Learn how to include a spouse that is dependent son or daughter, and/or moms and dad to your VA impairment advantages for extra payment.
Am I entitled to additional VA impairment settlement for my dependent(s)?
You might qualify for extra impairment payment for a partner, youngster, and/or moms and dad in the event that you meet each of what's needed the following.
These two needs to be real. You:
- Qualify for VA impairment payment, and
- Have combined disability score of at the very least 30percent
Including a dependent might move you to permitted receive an increased settlement payment (also known as a benefit price).
Who VA cons
A reliant is:
- A spouse (Note: we recognize same-sex and marriages that are common-law
- A moms and dad, for them and their income and net worth are below a certain amount if you’re directly caring
- An unmarried son or daughter (including an adopted youngster or stepchild) whom satisfies among the eligibility demands given below
To be viewed a reliant, one of these simple must certanly be real of a unmarried son or daughter.